Students are continuing work on their Native American Tribe project! They have fully immersed themselves in creating their artifacts and presentations after researching their specific tribe. They have taken their information they researched and created presentations via presentation boards, skits, murals, puppet shows and through power points. I hope you will be able to join us the week of October 16th. I will send more information next week.
This week students were introduced to a weaving project and learned the importance of woven baskets within tribal life. Students loved watching their creation take shape and form. They have also taken their information in this social studies unit and used it to write journal entries taking on the perspective of a tribal member. Within a few weeks we will also be writing Native American myths to share with younger students.
- Special thank to Mrs. Arends and Mrs. Pell for helping with our weaving project and to all of you who helped provide materials for our weaving and social studies projects! I really appreciate everything!
- Monday folders, reading logs and family journals are due back on Monday. Thanks for taking the time to respond in your child's journal- they appreciate it!
- October book order will be in Mondays folder, please take a moment and order some books for your child at home and help it benefit the classroom! Last month's books should be here Monday or Tuesday! Thank you for your support!
- Plan to join us for our Native American Tribe Project presentations the week of October 16th.
- Please feel free to email me for any reason. firstname.lastname@example.org