In writing we have been working on an opinion/persuasive piece. Students have had to write and prove what the best gift would be with reasons to back their claims up. It has been fun and we hope to wrap them up on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.
We finally finished our book "Wonder" it has been such a joy reading this with the kids and hearing their insightful comments. It has brought up many different topics which kids are dealing with also. Auggie is now embedded in all our hearts. We worked on the strategy of compare and contrasting different characters in the book. It helped us to see a few characters in a new light. Next week we will be doing a few different activities around "Wonder" and having our vocabulary test on the words from "Wonder". Kids can practice at home and access them by going to quizlet.com, searching for my name (nichyde) or use this link you can copy and paste into your browser: https://quizlet.com/236458891/wonder-book-vocab-words-flash-cards/
The test will be on Thursday!
- We will be going to see the movie "Wonder" as a class in the afternoon on Wednesday, January 10th. We will be walking to the Fallon Theater on Main Street. The cost is $5.00 which includes entrance into the movie, a small drink and popcorn. You can send your money in next week or on Monday Jan. 8th. We will be going with the 5th and 6th grade classes. Last year they went to a movie together and want to keep the tradition going. We are excited!
NEXT WEEK- IMPORTANT:
- Our holiday celebration will be on Thursday afternoon. Please have food/snacks here by 1:30. We will do our "Secret Friend" exchange of gifts, have a little craft and then students voted they would like to watch a movie. Monday they will vote for which one. It will be a Christmas themes one that is G or PG. I'll send out an email so you are aware which one it will be.
- If for any reason you cannot send in a gift for the "Secret Friend" exchange, please let me know ASAP. I do not want to have anyone left out of the exchange and am more than happy to get something, I just need some time.
- Please send in gifts anytime next week. Only put who the gift is for, not who it is from.
- Thank you so much to Shauna and her parents for bringing in a small tree for us to use.
- Lots of sicknesses are rapidly being shared by all, so PLEASE rest up this weekend, wash your hands often and if your child is sick, keep him home so we don't spread it more than is needed!
- Call the office 423-5437 by 9am if your child is sick. It really helps our wonderful office ladies!