Saturday, January 6, 2018

Welcome Back- January!

Happy New Year to you and your family!  I'm looking forward to seeing my students Monday and hearing about their break.  I wanted to let you know of a few things:

  • Our field trip to the movie "Wonder" had to be postponed until Wednesday, January 17th.  We have had a hard time getting things set in stone, but finally it is!  There will be a permission slip in your child's Monday folder to sign and send back BY Thursday Jan. 11th along with $5 for admission to the movie an a small popcorn and drink.  
  • Please send in the Monday folders and family journal on Monday- it was a long break and might have been set aside. 
  • I will be implementing a reading challenge and wanted you as parents to be aware of what was going on. The challenge is to read books from different genres.  We will discuss genre characteristics and have some more class time for silent reading.  I am hoping this will help my students to possibly find new books they wouldn't normally read and develop a deeper love for reading. I will be checking in with them weekly and would love for you as parent to check in with your child to see how things are going for them also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

School is Out!!!

Summer Reminders: Math sheets were sent home with students last week.  Please read the guidelines, get some sheet protectors and practice ...