- Writing- students began working on opinion writing last week. We will be brainstorming various topics about school for which they have an opinion and we will begin these next week.
- Reading Book Clubs have been ongoing. Some of the groups meetings have had to be postponed due to work not getting done or kids out because of sickness. Please note that if students do not spend enough time on their assignments in class, they are encouraged to take it home and do for homework instead of their 20 minutes of reading. We are working hard to be responsible and prepared for their meetings. We will have our final meetings for their Book Clubs in the next week, hopefully! After their final meeting, they will begin working on a culmination project about their book.
- We are continuing our unit in Earth Sciences with an introduction to the driving question: How do ur shadows change throughout the day? We have learned about what causes seasons and the revolution of the Sun. We were able to explore space through Google Expeditions on Thursday. We also have conducted experiments around gravity, seasons, an eclipse, day and night, phases of the moon and gazing at stars.
Students have endured various assessments in preparation for 2nd trimester report cards. They have not been overjoyed, but as a whole are doing well. We will have a few more this week and I am pulling students in small groups to review the concepts missed and re-take assessments. Report cards will be sent home the middle of March.
- Planetarium Field Trip has been rescheduled for Friday, April 20th. We will send out reminders as we get closer to the date.
- Human Growth and Development will begin this Thursday with Mr. Lenon teaching the boys and Nurse Terry teaching the girls. Students who are not participating will have study hall time.
- Please feel free to contact me with an questions. Your children are a true joy!