Highlights of the week:
Students have been working hard in all subjects! We had a great time on the field trip to the Planetarium. Thank you so much to all those who were able to come and join us. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedules.
- Students have been learning about Persuasive writing techniques and the different ways advertisements persuade consumers. They will be designing their own roller coaster and writing a persuasive ad for their roller coaster.
- Students had their first Book Club Meeting this past week. I loved hearing some of the deeper conversations in some groups and talking about the Revolutionary War. Their books are giving them a little more insight.
- In projects, we practiced the tools and read through the practice test for our Science Assessment which is this coming Wednesday. We have been studying matter and kids are now deep into practicing their experiments. They will have a couple more tries to run through them, get their information together and present next week. I am excited to see them in action!
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018- Science
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018- ACT ELA
- Thursday, May 3, 2018- ACT Math/Science
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018- SBAC Math Part 1
- Thursday, May 10, 2018- SBAC Math Part 2
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018- SBAC ELA Part 1
- Wednesday, May 16, 2018- SBAC ELA Part 2
Thank you so much to those of you that have already signed up to bring breakfast and/or snack foods. The sign up did not include the testing days for Math. We will just do snacks those days, (we have less time) so please if you would, bring some in. The kids also love gum and mints! The kids and I would greatly appreciate anything you will bring. I will keep leftover snacks to use the following days. This can be a stressful time for some students, but we try to help them relax before they start. Please make sure your child gets a good nights sleep the night before. Thanks!
Science experiments are coming along! We have some real scientists in the class! They have been using their hypothesis they came up with to test different areas of matter.