The Egg Drop Challenge was definitely a highlight last week as students worked in partners to design and create a device that would protect their egg from cracking or breaking when dropped from different heights. Thursday was the final drop and many teams were successful! Everyone exhibited great ingenuity and an attitude of perseverance. We learned about engineering and gravity, as well as the importance of testing a product, redesigning and trying again!
In writing, students started writing/creating an Owners Manual of themselves. The end product will be sure to make you laugh. They will be shared with parents at Parent Conferences. Students have loved being creative with this project!
Students were able to choose a book about the Revolutionary War that they will be starting when we come back after Spring Break. Students were all anxious to get rolling on their new books!
- Parent Conferences this Friday, April 13th. If you have not signed up yet, please do so. You are welcome to come at any time during the day on Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm, so if you need to just pop in with your child, Ill be there. Students are preparing to share lots of information with you about their year and report cards will be handed out at that time.
- Planetarium Field Trip on Friday, April 20th
- Meet at the school parking lot at 8:15 am, arriving back around 130 pm.
- Bring a sack lunch and $5 for entrance fee
- Please let me know the following information by Monday 4/16
- Will your child be attending?
- Will you be driving or will they need a ride?
- IF you are driving, are you available to take additional students? How many?
- Testing Dates for 5th Grade. Please have children here, try not to schedule any trips or appointments on these days)
- April 25- Science Assessment
- May 9&10- SBAC Math
- May 15 & 16- English Language Arts
- We will have breakfast food and snacks on testing days, if someone would like to coordinate, please let me know. It would be extremely helpful!
- Carson River Work Day on May 24th
- 5th graders will join the high school biology class in a walking field trip to Venturacci Ranch to learn about the water cycle, our watershed, and irrigation with the Carson River Wranglers and Lahontan Conservation District. It will be a fun day!